[Idle-dev] Erik Thompson's opinions on IDLE

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Dec 6 23:36:58 CET 2006

Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> "Tal Einat" <taleinat at gmail.com> writes:
[snip..]
> My top items:

My two cents worth (possibly less).

IDLE achieves more than 90% of what I *need* from an IDE.

*The* reason I don't use it because it doesn't have tabbed windows. If I
want several files open I end up with windows everywhere...

Even a faked tab like the IDLE dialogs would be fine. :-)

> Incremental search (in a text entry widget in the bottom status bar).

+1 million. :-)

Not because I need it, but just because it's the best way.

Oh and a context menu with copy and paste on it would be nice.

That's about it...

Fuzzyman