[Idle-dev] Python Core Dump

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Nov 18 10:32:02 CET 2005

Hello all,

I report this, because I did hear that any situation where Pure python
code returned a core dump was deemed a 'bug'.

I'm running Python 2.4.2 under windoze.

If you go to idle and select "open module" from the file menu - and
choose "operator", then Python crashes. Obviously attempting to open a C
module like this isn't sensible - assuming you *knew* it was a C module.

Anyway - I hope this report is vaguely interesting or amusing to someone
out there.

Hmm... I suppose I should report a bug on sourceforge.

All the best,

Fuzzyman