[Idle-dev] Triple quoted strings syntax highlighting

Michael Urban pantheraleo at animail.net
Tue May 31 11:16:46 CEST 2005

I'm new to the list, but there was an
enchancement I was considering for IDLE (and
possibly even writing it myself).

Since triple quoted strings are often used
(perhaps primary used? at least by me) to enclose
documentation for the pydoc generator, I thought
it would be a nice feature if IDLE considered
triple quoted strings seperately from single and
double quoted strings for syntax highlighting
purposes.

Just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts on
this before I start trying to figure out how to
add this enhancement myself.

Thanks for any input.

"The fingerprint of God is often a
pawprint." -- Susan Chernak McElroy