[Idle-dev] IDLE freezing/hanging

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Tue Feb 15 03:55:36 CET 2005

Hello,

This is just a quick "me too." I am running Debian testing (Sarge), and
IDLE is terribly unstable. It hangs frequently while in the middle of
typing. I thought this was probably a library problem due to some mixing
of distributions that I've done, but I now have a "pure" Sarge install
and am seeing exactly this same behavior. I have basically told my
students to use Emacs or Eclipse instead. A shame, because I really like
IDLE, when it works.

Is this just a Debian issue, or is it a general problem on Linux (Tk
library, perhaps?).

--John