[Idle-dev] Installing IDLE

Noam Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 19:45:05 CET 2005

Hello,

Is it possible that there's still access to the old version of IDLE?

My guess is that the IDLE's subprocess finds the "idlelib.run" module
from the previous installation, which doesn't include the new
"get_the_completion_list" method, and that's why it fails.

Make sure that when you run Python, there's no way to import the old
IDLE's modules.

I hope this helps,
Noam