[Idle-dev] IDLE freezing/hanging

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 7 21:58:10 CEST 2005

hi all, I just wanted to reiterate Gregoire Dooms' observations.  I also
seem to notice freezing/hanging directly after typing quickly.  It
happened to me twice within 48 hours, yesterday typing arrow keys quickly,
today while 'Alt-P'ing quickly to scroll through command history.  I
made sure before the hangs to apt-get update to latest IDLE and tk in
case I got another IDLE freeze:

"apt-get update" on 05APR2005
(using .../idle-python2.3_2.3.5-2_all.deb)
Setting up python2.3-tk (2.3.5-2)

I am running gnome on Debian.