[Idle-dev] printing in IDLE

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 9 13:17:11 EDT 2004

Hello Kurt, yes I did mean 'Save As New Custom Key Set.' My apologies for
any confusion.  I went to "Options/Configure IDLE/Keys".  The right hand
panel had "a Built-in Key Set' selected and showed "IDLE Classic Windows,"
though I'm on Debian Linux.  I selected 'print-window -
<Control-Key-p>'/'Get New Keys for Selection' then clicked <Ctrl>, <Alt>,
'p', 'Ok', named my new Custom Key Set 'print-window' and pressed Ok.  I
noticed now my right hand panel had "a Custom Key Set" selected, "IDLE
Classic Windows" was no longer bold but was still indicated and below in
bold was 'print-window'.  I pressed 'Apply', 'Ok', closed my old IDLE
window, fired up a new IDLE window, and voila, Ctrl-p no longer prints but
Ctrl-Alt-p does.  Thank you.  I think what I was trying before was
clearing the keys and leaving it blank, which is not allowed.  BTW, I
think I understand the belt and suspenders analogy, but who is Stephen ?