[Idle-dev] which version of IDLE do you suggest ??

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Mon Nov 17 00:30:18 EST 2003

Tadey Persic <soever at email.si> writes:

> I am using Python v_2.3.2.1 with IDLE 1.0 included. Cause it hasn't contain
> debbuger I would like to download newer IDLE, but I don't know which version to
> choose ...
>

> verson ...
>
> idlefork-0.7.1.tar.gz
>
> idlefork-0.8.1
>
> IDLEfork-0.9a1
>
> IDLEfork-0.9a2, or
>
> IDLEfork-0.9b1
>

> Please, help me to choose the right one !!

Why do you say that it doesn't have a debugger?  It was included in the
IDLEfork0.9 releases, and also in IDLE1.0.

IDLE 1.0 is the newest version. IDLEfork0.9 could be used if
you were running Python2.2, but with 2.3 the included IDLE1.0
is the way to go.  The others are totally obsolete.

Open a Shell window, and use the Debug menu to switch on
the debugger.

Sorry for the slow response, I've been away.

--
KBK