[Idle-dev] Clear Debug breakpoints

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
Sat, 03 May 2003 09:12:39 -0400

Chris Lyon <chris.lyon@spritenote.co.uk> writes:

>   On 5 Mar 2002 Edward K. Ream posted on the com.lang.python list a
> patch for idle to allow you to clear breakpoints. There is talk of
> submitting it to this list. I don't know if this has been done, so I
> bring it to your attension in the hope that it will be implemented.

Thanks for the link.  That request was also posted as an IDLEfork bug
last summer (within minutes of my check-in which implemented it :)
though in a slightly different way).

Please try installing the latest packaged version of IDLEfork (0.9a2),
it has the capability you are looking for.  Individual breakpoints can
be cleared, and breakpoints are saved across IDLE sessions.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/idlefork

IDLEfork (current CVS version) has been added to the Python CVS on the
idlefork-merge-branch.  That version is somewhat beyond 0.9a2 in that
it uses a threaded subprocess.  However, it is not the final threaded
version which will be available RSN as IDLEfork 0.9b1 and later in
Python 2.3b2, replacing the old IDLE.
__

KBK