[Idle-dev] new idlefork package

Bruce Sherwood basherwo@unity.ncsu.edu
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:32:10 -0500

[Kurt Kaiser]
> There may be several config defaults which are not to your preference,
> but it should be simple to distribute an .idlerc to your students which
> will configure IDLE the way you like.

What is ".idlerc"? I don't see such a file in the idlefork package. I
assumed that to configure IDLE for my students I would have to give them
something (e.g. the VPython installer) which overwrote the four config-*.def
files? I would prepare my versions of these files using idlefork's
configuration machinery. Do you mean that .idlerc would be a script that
would run to overwrite the config files?

Bruce Sherwood