[Idle-dev] Idlefork Requires Python 2.2.1?

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
19 Sep 2002 12:29:46 -0400

You may have noticed some comments going by this morning relative to
the use of the bool type in Idlefork.

The merge from Python-idle introduced some code which uses the new
constants, and I have used them a bit also in my code.

The bool type was introduced in the Python 2.2.1 "bugfix" release with
the comment

"- Added new builtin function bool() and new builtin constants True and
   False to ease backporting of code developed for Python 2.3.  In 2.2,
   bool() returns 1 or 0, True == 1, and False == 0."

I'm planning on switching back to 2.2 for testing purposes, and I'd
rather use the 2.2.1 bugfix release than 2.2.

If there is no strenuous objection from the list I'd like to make
Python 2.2.1 or later a dependency for Idlefork.

KBK