[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-645371 ] AquaTk OS X Tooltip greedy with focus

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:43:14 -0800

Bugs item #645371, was opened at 2002-11-28 18:15
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=645371&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
environment:
OS X 10.2.1, Python 2.3a0, AquaTclTkBI-8.4.1, idlefork-0.8.1

When user opens a parenthesis in the Python Interpreter window, a tooltip appears as a coding aid. However, no key presses are effective in closing it and the user has to click on it with a mouse in order to return focus to the interpreter window in order to continue entering text. This becomes clumsy, slowing down typing, and rapidly irritates the user ;-)

This may be a bug in AquaTk but I don't know. I figured you are in a better position to decide if it is idlefork or AquaTclTk.