[Idle-dev] Slow close?

Bruce Sherwood bas@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:45:12 -0500

I've now run idlefork-0.8.1 on both Red Hat Linux 7.2 on a Dell laptop and
on X running on Mac OSX, and something seems wrong which is common to both
environments. Click the close box on any of the IDLE windows (source,
output, graphics), and it takes several seconds for the window to close.
This is unnerving: you think that the click was lost.

Is this something others have observed? Would the latest CVS version likely
differ in this respect? (My impression is that most of the large amount of
work that Stephen Gava has been doing is in the configuration area, which
wouldn't seem to affect this window closure problem.)

Bruce Sherwood

P.S. Though I've not been able to follow the configuration work, I recently
had occasion to see its importance. I tried a simple change to the key
bindings locally while working on Linux and Unix to match those from
Windows with which I'm more familiar (and to avoid collision between Alt-W
for copy vs. Alt-W which opens the Window menu -- isn't this a general
problem?). All I did was change keydefs.py, and it didn't do what I
expected. So keep up the good work, Stephen!