[Idle-dev] Anticipated changes for Mac OS X

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:36:51 -0600

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:28:20PM -0500, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> I removed the Edit menu from the Shell, also, as an attempt to encourage
> people to do their editing in an Editor window and not write/save code
> in the shell.  Doing that can only cause confusion.

Was this a very recent change?  I'm still using CVS from last week and
have an Edit menu.  Please put it back - there are plenty of things in
the Edit menu that are useful in the shell - cut/copy/paste/undo (not
all platforms support mouse copy/pasting!)  and finding text among
them.  I often use Find in the shell window to search through output.

> What does the IDLE-dev List think about making .py the default
> extension for saving and loading?

Sounds fine to me.

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and