Fwd: Re: [Tutor] [Edu-sig] [Idle-dev] IDLE's save-before-run requirement

stephen elguavas@users.sourceforge.net
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:47:56 +1000

Hello IDLERs,
sorry if this thread got a little confused by a couple of missing messages, I
wasn't noticing that a couple of my replies were going back to the original
sender but not cc'ing to idle-dev. Here's the most recent and relevant
message from me to Guido on revitalising the  idle-fork project.

Folks, basically it was to keep IDLE on track with Guido as leader, ultimate
arbiter of destiny, while I try to take on a coordinator (and I hope, more
interestingly, contributing  coder and doc writer) role to free up Guido's
day to day time as he needs for (doubtless many) other things. I think the
gist of what I originally wrote to him was summed up in:  "Anyway the major
points of my proposal are: steady as she goes, and, to keep your hand on the
reins, while freeing it as much as you need."  I'll post the relevant parts
of the whole message to idle-dev when I get a chanceto dig it out from my
other machine.