[Idle-dev] Re: IDLE's save-before-run r equirement

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:12:19 -0400

Patrick,

(You sent me a message in private but I'm replying in public since
others have brought up the same thing.)

I see that Pythonwin now is much better than the last time I used it.
Its console is indeed similar in functionality and robustness as
IDLE's.  (You can still make the "..." continuation prompt part of the
source text by accidentally hitting the delete key in the wrong place,
but that's rare.)

Regarding IDLE's key bindings, I hope that someone will do some work
on them.  They are really bad.  They should also be more easily
customizable...

And rather than choosing Emacs or Windows bindings based on platform,
that should be a user setting.  ETc.