[Idle-dev] CVS: idle BrowserControl.py,1.1.3.1,1.2

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:22:05 -0400

> r211c1 won't hit the latest EditorWindow (or the bug you just fixed in
> PyShell), so I guess a date rev is the way to go.  They can have problems
> unless everyone remembers to specify GMT. I forgot to do that when I did the
> 9 Mar 2000 export.  I used -D 2000-03-09 23:59 and actually got

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Probably because I
haven't been following this close enough.

> Speaking of 2.1.1, IDLE help is not working on Linux because setup.py doesn't
> install the help.txt file.  I submitted a trivial patch on this (422471) a
> couple of months ago.

Hm, I've never bothered to install it using setup.py -- I didn't even
know that was possible!  Why don't you fix that in idlefork, then
we'll eventually merge back.

Or if you want this in 2.1.1 final, try drawing Thomas Wouters' attention.