[Idle-dev] CVS: idle BrowserControl.py,1.1.3.1,1.2

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
12 Jul 2001 23:56:14 -0400

Stephen M. Gava <elguavas@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
    P. K. O'Brien:
> > The current IDLE is certainly quite good and quite useable for anyone with
> > 1.5.2. I personally am interested in the future and having IDLE keep up
> > with the latest language enhancements. So I would also be in favor of
> > dropping 1.5.2 support and focusing on 2.1.
>
> Me too. I feel that if the idea of idlefork is to develop and test new
> features for possible eventual merging into python idle, then the project is
> inherently forward looking, and should not be constrained by too much
> emphasis on compatability with much earlier python versions. As Patrick
> rightfully points out, existing stable python already fills that niche
> admirably.

GvR:
> > So, I'm for dropping 1.5.2 support, but I'll leave it up to you to
> > decide what you want.

OK, after we finish this merge, there is a tag on py-cvs called
date2001-07-06 which can be used to merge almost to the present. That will
rip out the BrowserControl, along with a couple of other things.  Only a few
files are affected, won't take long.

Regards, KBK