[Idle-dev] idle-fork hiatus

StephenM.Gava StephenM.Gava
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:38:43 +1000

Hello IDLErs,
I thought I'd just post a quick note to anyone who's interested on what's
happenning with the revamped idle-fork project.

Basically we're still at stage one of the "revamping" (so, that means it was
vamped before?) which is bringing cvs up to date with changes made in the
last year to python official idle.

There's a hold up for us at the moment as our cvs tree at sourceforge needs a
little manual intervention due to a problem introduced by yours truly
when first attempting to import python-idle as a vendor branch. With the
invaluable help of  Kurt B. Kaiser that problem was quickly solved (thanks
Kurt), but sourceforge does not allow projects shell level access to their
own cvs trees, so at the moment we are stuck waiting for sourceforge support
to get around to making a couple of minor changes for us. (Changes that would
take about ten seconds if we had file-level access to the idle-fork cvs
ourselves, but which we've been waiting a week, so far, for sourceforge to do
for us...).

As soon as we have a working cvs again hopefully the fun part (starting to
commit some new stuff!) can begin.

Til later,
Stephen.
--