[Idle-dev] Whose fault? IDLE, PyGame, or TKinter?

Stephen M. Gava elguavas@users.sourceforge.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:40:47 +1100

What version of idle are you using?

If it is one of the versions that come as part of the python distribution,
then that version of idle makes no attempt to run python processes that are
being 'executed' from the envoronment in a separate thread.  The vpython
heritage versions of idle (which include idlefork up to release 0.81)  do
attempt to execute processes in a separate thread, however there are
currently some problems with that implementation.

Idlefork itself is currently undegoing a massive rewrite of its configuration
handling mechanism which I hope will be completed by some time early next
year. After that (if no-one else hops in to start this in the meantime) I
will move on to the separate process execution code, with a view to cleaning
things up there and getting the best working implementation in place.

Regards,
Stephen.
--
Stephen M. Gava  <elguavas@users.sourceforge.net>