[Idle-dev] basic problem with text input

Hernan Martinez Foffani hernan@orgmf.com.ar
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:08:06 +0200

I don't have python 1.5.2 at hand, but using python 2.1.1 (comes with IDLE
0.8)
works fine for me.
You ARE entering some data after the "Please enter your name: "  arent' you?

Regards,
-Hernan

-----Mensaje original-----
De: idle-dev-admin@python.org [mailto:idle-dev-admin@python.org]En nombre de
Emma Hornby
Enviado el: domingo, 19 de agosto de 2001 14:45
Para: idle-dev@python.org
Asunto: [Idle-dev] basic problem with text input

can anyone explain why the simple script

    a=raw_input('Please enter your name: ')
    print 'elephants'

....doesn't work

I'm using IDLE 0.5 under windows 98se from the 1.5.2 distribution

if I save this 'window' and 'run module' from edit (that's another q, why's
it a 'module' and not a 'script'?)
it doesn't get to the second line i.e. I can't get it to print elephants

yours mystified,

extreme python beginner