[Idle-dev] where is pythonwin? relationship to idle?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:37:23 -0500

> Naively, I thought I could cut the [colors] section from
> ...\Tools\idle\config.txt and paste it into ...\Pythonwin\pywin\IDLE.cfg.
> This does not work.
>
> What is the relationship between idle and pythonwin?  Where is pythonwin
> being developed?  Sourceforge?  I couldn't find it there.

Pythinwin is Mark Hammond's.  I don't know where you got it, but it's
part of ActivePython, and you can also get it here:

http://www.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/Extensions/Win32all

AFAIK, Pythonwin doesn't use IDLE (it has its own colorizing editor),
so I'm surprised there's an IDLE.cfg there...