[Idle-dev] (no subject)

Jim Boyle boyle5@llnl.gov
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:34:00 -0800

I've been using Dave Scherer's version of idle (XIDLE-1000-03-13.zip).
I strongly support these changes, I now use idle regularly, whereas
before I only used it out of idle curiosity.
It fits very well with the way I work and develop code.

My only glitch is the saving of named buffers automatically before
running. This is convenient but I have been burned by making changes
and then deciding to go back only to find that my original is gone.
Perhaps, if an explicit save is not done there could be a backup made
a la emacs.

Jim