[Idle-dev] Window focus (was: A satisfied user)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:45:36 -0500

> As far as the user interface goes, the only thing I can think of to raise
> the interactivity even higher has to do with a detail of window focus. If I
> click on a graphics output window to close it, I then have to click in the
> source window to get focus there again. Could closing the graphics window
> automatically restore focus to the source window that was last edited?

I believe that this particular behavior is a (mis)feature of the
Windows desktop, not of IDLE (or even of Tkinter).  In my experience
it's pretty random whether closing a window activates the window below
it or not...  IDLE itself has no data structure that manages the stack
of open windows (which may include windows owned by other apps
anyway).

Sorry to disappoint,