[Idle-dev] IDLE "shell" (was: IDLE interpreter window)

Rodgers, Kevin KRodgers@ryanaero.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:04:19 -0800

There is a commercial app I use everyday (Xmath from Integrated Systems, now
Wind River) that has the "paned" window with output on the top, command line
(actually, a multi-line command window) in the middle, and error message
window on the bottom.  This sounds similar to what Tibs is describing here.
I am generally pleased with this arrangement; my only complaint is that on
Windows (not on Unix) the Xmath interface isn't focus-follows-mouse; i.e.,
you have to explicitly click on the command pane to direct keystrokes there
(the Unix version directs the focus to the command pane whenever the overall
window has the focus, regardless of whether the overall focus is
click-to-type or focus-follows-mouse).  Something to think about!

--
Kevin Rodgers  Northrop Grumman Ryan Aeronautical  krodgers@ryanaero.com

	[deleted]