[Idle-dev] IDLE interpreter window

Albert Brandl Albert.Brandl@edvg.co.at
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:06:01 +0100

Hi!

Up to now, I haven't used the IDLE interpreter
window much. I've always felt a bit unconfortable
about its handling, but it took me some time to
figure out why.

The main reason is that it's hard for me to become
used to the lack of control I have with the keyboard.
In order to repeat a command I have to select it
and copy-and-paste it at the right position - yukk!

In other words: The interpreter window does not
resemble the usual terminal windows (be it msdos
or unix) very well.

I do not see any advantage with the current
approach - except that it's easier to code :-)
So maybe "Improve the interpreter command
line behaviour" should be another item on
the todo list.

     Yours,

          Albert