[Idle-dev] completed WindowMaker compatiblity patch

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:34:17 -0500 (EST)

I have tested this against idle-0.5 and the recently-released idle-0.6;
it's nice and short so it works on both, and I didn't even have to change
anything :-)

This groups all of the windows under the same invisible group leader.  It
also gives IDLE windows a unique WM_CLASS that various UNIX
window-managers (sawmill, enlightenment, windowmaker) can 'remember'
settings based on.

In order that I don't keep cluttering up the mailinglist with patches (in
case I have made a serious mistake and I have to send this again, which is
eminently likely) the patch can be found here:

	http://www.twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/idle-wm.diff

If anyone cares, please let me know.  I am beginning to think that I'm the
only person who uses these features of these windowmanagers :-)
                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://www.twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/