[PyHealthcare] ANN: python-hl7 0.2.0

John Paulett john at paulett.org
Wed Jul 13 13:49:27 CEST 2011

I just submitted an ITP to package python-hl7 for Debian.

A few things would need to happen to merge https://github.com/lkcl/hl7:
- That repo is not a typical git/hg fork, but rather is a fresh git
init based off of the 0.1.1 tar file.  The changes would need to be
rebased upon the mainline.
- There are no unit tests that I can find (the ones that existed in
the 0.1.1 code base are gone).  I would ideally like to seem pretty
high test coverage
- It appears that 2k+ XML files from Mirth are included in the
references/ folder.  Mirth being an MPL license, I believe we need to
discuss (at least document better) the impact of adding this to a
BSD-licensed project.

John