[GSoC-general] GSOC Students Application

Alok Sharma aloksharma9656 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 08:13:20 EST 2018

Hello,

 I am Alok Sharma from India, currently graduating from Mumbai University in Information Technology (Second Year).

The purpose of writing this letter is that I want to know the pre-requisites of joining your coding project in Google Summer of Code(GSOC). I recently came across GSOC website and saw that your organization is listed in GSOC and I am one of the happy user of your service.

I always wondered if I can ever add some features which I wanted in your application. I think this is the once in a lifetime opportunity to "make the change I want to see".

I am telling you this because I really admire your project and the impact it is making on people's lives. I myself is the user of your application and I get really excited when new updates and patches comes. I too want to be the part of your project and develop new features and patches. The best part would be to see people giving feedback on my contribution, nothing could ever buy that from me.

The issue is that even if I apply for your project, the chances of getting selected is almost none because of my poor profile. The problem is that I have not contributed to any huge project like yours and neither I have developed any concrete project before. I am not asking you any free favor's, I just ask you to give me a task and I will try to complete that before the student's registration begins. If I complete that task my only request is that you would consider me equally valid student just like another experienced student and if I fail in completing this task I won't be a headache to your project.

I am sending you this mail just because I think everybody should get an equal chance to prove themselves so please give me a chance to prove.

My proficiencies are:

1.       Python3, python2

2.       C++

3.       Algorithms and data structures