[GSoC-general] Help !! GSOC !!

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Mar 20 13:21:04 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-08 3:26 AM, Rewanth Cool wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm thinking of contributing for Python for GSOC. There is a tool called
> fimap. Its still under development phase. Is it possible for me to
> contribute for that? There are some sub orgs mentioned in Python for
> gsoc but  I'm not sure whether I can work on this or not.
> Can you please have a look at the tool confirm me whether I can work on
> it or not?

I think you might have gotten an answer to this via another channel, but
for anyone else who's wondering...

The sub-orgs listed are the only orgs where we know we have good people
on hand who are willing to mentor right now.  If you want to work with
another group who is *not* listed there, you would need to convince them
to sign up to work with us and provide at least 3 mentors for that
sub-org (as in, experienced developers who are familiar with the project
and willing to commit many hours to working with students).  Since our
deadline for org signups was March 3rd, they'd have to build a pretty
impressive case for this being worth a very late exception.  It's not
*impossible* for someone to do this, but it's highly unlikely at this
stage in the game.

Applications that don't have mentors willing to work on them will be
rejected, because there's no way we can accept a student (no matter how
good!) if we don't have mentors for the project to make it successful.

  Terri