[GSoC-general] GSoC 2017

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Wed Sep 21 17:49:17 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-17 8:48 AM, Vinav Sancheti wrote:
> Hey I'm new, but I'd like to contribute to your organisation, can
> someone please guide me along?

Glad to hear you're interested!  Our getting started page for 2017 is here:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2017

We won't have ideas pages up until February 2017 or so, so what you
should be doing right now is getting to know a few organizations to see
which groups might suit you best.  Practice by getting a development
environment set up for at least one and submitting some patches, and
learn how to communicate with the developers to make those patches better.

Good luck!

  Terri