[GSoC-general] A note about proof of enrollment

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Sat Mar 19 07:27:48 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I've been seeing lots of questions on the main gsoc channel about proof
of enrollment, so I'd like to remind you all that the FAQ entry about it
is here:

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/proof-of-enrollment

Note particularly:

- You can (and should!) submit your application even if you don't know
if your proof of enrollment has been accepted.  Don't wait!

- Quoting directly from the document: "If you have questions about
whether your document is acceptable, don't ask on IRC or on public
mailing lists, just upload it to the site. If it is not acceptable, we
will ask you to upload a different document within a specified time
frame. You will receive an email when your form has been approved."

So definitely don't make the mistake many others have been making and
ask on IRC about it.

Good luck!

  Terri