[group-organizers] core-dev and/or non-core-dev sprints cPython

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Sep 28 19:34:45 CEST 2015

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:04:41 -0400, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw Barry Warsaw held a sprint in DC yesterday. I would like to do the
> same thing in Chicago.
>
> I am not really sure where to get started so starting this thread in hopes
> someone can shed some light on what I need to do to make this happen.
>
> Step 1: decide if there are enough core-dev contributors
> Step 2: if not, what do we do as non-core-dev
> Step 3: decide on location and sponsorship...
> Step 4: ....

If you don't have any local core devs, you can try to recruit a remote
one via core-mentorship and/or #python-dev on irc (we used hangout
successfully to include me in the DC sprint).  But you don't *need* even
that level of core dev participation to make progress on
reviewing/updating/fixing bugs, just to get the results committed, which
can happen later.

--David