[group-organizers] RSVPs

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Jun 9 15:49:03 CEST 2015

On 6/8/15 4:00 PM, Don Sheu wrote:
> Hey folks, wondering what approaches folks have to encouraging accurate
> RSVPs for events.
>
> Some of PuPPy's organizers want to charge a fee of $5 over Eventbrite.
> Amount would be refunded on check-in.
>
> Welcome everybody's thoughts and experience on this one.

We send an email the day before, usually with the phrase, "double-check
your calendar, and if you can't make it, update your RSVP as soon as
possible."  As it is, that gets us a 65% accuracy rate (65% of the Yes's
actually show up).

Charging money then refunding it at the event sounds like a huge pain,
and feels kind of unfriendly.

--Ned.