[group-organizers] Watch PyCon videos?

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:18:09 CET 2013

We've done this a couple times at the Dayton Dynamic Languages meeting,
where it's perfect because it's a very small but chatty group.  A single
30-min video takes us about two hours since we're constantly stopping the
video, saying, "Wait, what?", explaining things to one another, and trying
things out.  If you can get that dynamic going, it's much more valuable
than just watching videos alone.

Good reminder, we should really do this more.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com>wrote:

> I always have a problem post-PyCon, which is that I mean to watch videos
> of talks I didn't see, but then I don't watch them.  Has anyone tried
> running an event that consists just of watching PyCon videos together?  A
> poll beforehand could select the videos to screen, then put the video on
> the big screen, watch together, and have a q+a/discussion afterward.   Does
> this work?  Is it weird to watch a talk on video in person?
>
> --Ned.

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com