[group-organizers] Collecting Sponsor Money

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Thu Jan 31 21:49:48 CET 2013

Jim,

There has been an ongoing process of trying to sort something like
that out with the PSF. I know Boston Python has it set up, but
Portland Python hasn't been able to work it out, yet.

What we end up doing in Portland is having sponsors pay directly for
things like food, beverages, giveaway prizes, etc. I have on a rare
occasion taken money personally, but only from someone I knew
personally who happened to want to sponsor an event.

Let us know how you fare,
Michelle