[Python Glasgow] New in Glasgow

Dougal Matthews dougal at dougalmatthews.com
Wed Sep 10 13:00:10 CEST 2014

On 10 September 2014 10:44, Marc Cameron <marccameron3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Thanks for a good night in DryGate was nice to meet you all. Spoke breifly
> about Django, I was curious to know what version of python you guys use when
> dealing with web dev and Django?

It was good to meet you all, I really liked Drygate too, so I think
that could be our
new regular venue for pub meets.

I agree with Kevin, it's fair to say most people use Python 2.7 (or at
least 2.X).
Python 3 is a valid option now and the barriers are decreasing all the time but
for the most pain free experience choose 2.7.

At work we support 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3 (and 3.4 is being added now). Some projects
are 2.X only, none are 3.X only.