[FoxPUG] October meeting

Christian Long christianzlong at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 03:50:29 CEST 2015

Good to see you at the meeting. I posted the notes on the site.

http://foxpython.tumblr.com/post/130588411397/october-meeting-notes

Here's a copy of the notes as well.

See you in November!

Christian

------

We had a good October meeting. Mamadou showed us some pictures from
his trip to Ivory Coast.

Christian presented on [Pytest
Fixtures](https://pytest.org/latest/fixture.html). They make it easy
to organize your test dependencies, and reduce boilerplate.

Nick talked about the software development process at his new job. He
recommended the [Partially Derivative
podcast](http://www.partiallyderivative.com/). It's a weekly podcast
about data science, statistics, and machine learning.

Christian recommended the [Pycoder's Weekly](http://pycoders.com/)
newsletter. It has a summary of new releases, howtos, articles and
blog posts. Plus, a listing of python job openings. It's a useful way
to quickly keep up with what's going on in Python.

Our next meeting is on Monday, November 2, at 7pm.
[Directions](http://foxpython.tumblr.com/meetings). We look forward to
seeing you there.