[Flask] mysql connector

Christopher M Braiotta braiotta at mit.edu
Tue Jun 21 09:12:55 EDT 2022

I’ve been using SQLAlchemy for Flask with success for over five years. It has its quirks and there are definitely times I’d prefer to be dealing with straight SQL (which you can do In SQLAlchemy), and there have been moments where I’ve rued how picky it can be about session management.

Nonetheless, the ability to treat MySQL tables/query results as normal python objects and abstract out the database implementation specifics is a win.

--
Chris Braiotta
Applications Architect
braiotta at mit.edu