[Flask] Cannot run debug mode

mhysnm1964 at gmail.com mhysnm1964 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:11:14 EDT 2019

All,

Windows 10, Python 3.6.

I am having an issue with my flask app and do not understand why it does not
work. If I use the flask environment variables to set debug mode. I get
error messages where Flask cannot find the script. If I do not set the
environment variables. It runs.

The files of interest I believe are budget.py, __init__.py and routes.py.
Only file modified is:

---- budget.py ---

from app   import app, db

from app.models import *

@app.shell_context_processor

def make_shell_context():

return dict(db = db, Categories = Categories, SubCategories = SubCategories,
Transactions = Transactions, Accounts = Accounts, DescriptionSearch =
DescriptionSearch)

If I have the following environments set:

Set flask_app = budget.py

Set flask_debug = 1

I get the following errors:

WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production
deployment.                                     Use a production WSGI server
instead.

* Debug mode: on

* Restarting with statc:

python\budget\venv\scripts\python.exe:

\python\budget\venv\Scripts\flask

If I change the budget.py module import statement too:

from budget import app, db

and remove the flask_debug environment variable. I do not get the above
errors. Does anyone know why?

Basically I cannot run flask in debug mode.