[Flask] The big picture: nginx + gunicorn + flask

Clint Olsen clint.olsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:23:59 EST 2019

Hi:

It's taken me awhile, but I actually have created a small webapp that
actually does something useful, and Flask made it's part pretty
straightforward.

However, now that I've created a single webapp, the question arises: How
should an app coexist with others to potentially make up an entire website?

I found some helpful docs over at:

http://exploreflask.com/en/latest/organizing.html

This is about the level of complexity I have now (obviously very basic):

app.pystatic/templates/

Someone who had developed with Django got me started with a nginx +
gunicorn + flask template to get things rolling. However, in the end I just
have gunicorn calling my webapp. This doesn't easily scale if I have to
have nginx rules -> gunicorn instances for every app.

I realize that these things are a bit outside the scope of Flask. I
appreciate the detail at the app level, but now I need to step back and see
how it all comes together. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Clint