[Flask] print without user intervention (automatically)

Gergely Polonkai gergely at polonkai.eu
Sat Mar 24 09:03:25 EDT 2018

Hello,

If you mean the user presses a button on the page, and something
immediately comes out of his printer, then you canʼt. Printing must go
through the browserʼs printing mechanism, so the user can set up the
printing process like landscape or portrait mode, colour or monochrome, etc.

If you donʼt mind all the above, you should consult some JavaScript
manuals, as this is definitely not happening on the server side (where
Flask operates). I recall some function like window.print() or something.

Best,
Gergely