[Flask] Announcing Flask-Validates

FERNANDO VILLARROEL fvillarroel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 08:38:40 EST 2018

+1

    On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:56 PM, Thomas Prebble <thomas.prebble at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello,
I would like to announce a new Flask extension I've been working on called Flask-Validates. I would be really interested in hearing any feedback people might have, regardless of whether it's positive.
Flask-Validates binds forms to views using view decorators. Forms can either be form classes (WTForms or Flask-WTF derived classes) or just fields supplied as keyword arguments. The extension then takes care of building a form class (in the case of kwargs) and exposes it as current_form (a la current_app). It also sets the HTTP 400 status code when form validation fails (something that I feel is important, although often neglected).
For those curious to see it in action please see the Github repo and documentation.
In terms of future development I'm considering adding support for augmentation of view docstrings so tools like Sphinx can output form parameters. I would definitely be receptive to other suggestions or pull requests from people who find the extension useful.
Thank you for your time.
Flask mailing list
Flask at python.org