[Flask] Tutorial, step 3: Installing flaskr as a package. Why?

Gergely Polonkai gergely at polonkai.eu
Tue Jul 18 03:01:35 EDT 2017

Actually, you don't have to. If you are creating a Flask based web
application, that will be run just by you, you can completely omit this
step.

However, if you are developing a Flask extension, and you want others to
use it, it's much easier for them to download it as a Python package.

Best,
Gergely