[Flask] S3 file manager app

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 16:53:25 EST 2016

Thanks, Mandar.

> On Jan 30, 2016, at 11:24 AM, Mandar Rahurkar <rahurkar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are you uploading files via your webapp or do you have a mobile client initiating the upload?

No mobile client.

> Usually I have seen people following this process:
> 1. Front end or app asynchronously uploads data to S3.
> 2. Send URL back to your backend.

This is basically what I was thinking, module who generates the URL (front- or back-end).

> If your use case dictates that you go the flask route, you might want to look at boto python library.

I was thinking to have the skeleton of the app be flask-based with front-end work where possible.  In particular, I found the reasonably complete AWS JS SDK which simplifies some of the details.  It is similar in scope to the both library but AWS-specific.