[Flask] FYI--put up a blog post on managing PostgreSQL Materialized Views with Flask-SQLAlchemy

Jeff Widman jeff at jeffwidman.com
Fri Jan 8 00:39:45 EST 2016

PostgreSQL materialized views have been extremely useful as a caching layer
for some of my projects. They're fast, easy to setup, don't require extra
infrastructure, and easy to refresh.

However, it took me forever to figure out how to manage the materialized
views using Flask-SQLAlchemy, so I wrote it up in the hopes of saving
others some time.

If interested, you can see the code here:
https://github.com/jeffwidman/sqlalchemy-postgresql-materialized-views

And my blog post of explanatory notes here:
http://www.jeffwidman.com/blog/847/using-sqlalchemy-to-create-and-manage-postgresql-materialized-views/

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)