[Flask] Using Flask with Apache2.4 on Windows 7?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Apr 20 16:31:01 EDT 2016

Hello list,
The other major difficulty I'm running into is getting Apache to host my
Flask project. I have WAMP installed on Windows 7 64-bit, which gives me
Apache2.4

The instructions from Flask's site say to use Mod_WSGI, and offer a link to
setup instructions. However, the Flask docs then state that the linked page
is Unix-only, and offer nothing for Windows. I went to the page on the off
chance that I could gleen something useful, and found that it's only for
Apache 2.2 or below. I've searched out how to install Mod_WSGI on
Apache2.4, and only been able to find confusing instructions. For instance,
one page said I'd need to know the version, not of Apache, but of the MS
compiler that was used to generate my version of Apache. Others point me to
download pages, but I'm never able to find installers or scripts for
Apache2.4 and Python2.7.

What's the trick to getting Flask hosted by Apache2.4 under Windows 7? I
can't use a shared or cloud server, because this project is an intranet one
that must be on my work's local network to talk to the databases I'm
querying. It'll have to be hosted under either IIS or Apache, and I really
dislike IIS. Hopefully this is possible and I've just managed to miss the
instructions that will reveal the secrets. If anyone has any suggestions,
I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. Thanks in advance!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com