[Flask] choosing a deployment for a web app

David Baumgold david at davidbaumgold.com
Thu Nov 12 13:00:07 EST 2015

If your application is for online ordering for a restaurant, and this is your first time doing this sort of thing, then I recommend using Heroku. They’re not cheap, but they’re rock-solid reliable, and they make the process of making edits and deploying them SO EASY. If your friend is going to use this website as part of his business, then you should absolutely be sure that things like backups and security are taken into consideration, and Heroku handles a ton of that for you.

If you want to go cheaper, AWS is a good option, but frankly you need to learn a lot in order to use it effectively. Digital Ocean is in the same boat. I think that Vagrant is only for development, not for deployment, but I could be wrong about that.

David Baumgold