[Expat-discuss] XML Parse into Structure

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:51:34 CEST 2010

Dear All,

I am new to the XML parsing and list.
Just couple of days before I started to work on Expat parser.
I am parsing the XML files in C (libexpat.so - Linux) and I tried to
parse the XML file using expat parser
and was successful. So it was great start. thanks to the information
provided on the following link:
    http://www.xml.com/pub/a/1999/09/expat/index.html#useparser

The output of the XML parsed file is dumped on the console. Based on
this I have two queries:
1. Is it possible to dumped the parsed file into the text file? If yes
then please let me know (any pointers/ideas), thanks.
2. Is it possible to create structure with expat parser from XML file?
    - Is there any funtion available to achieve this in C, like, there
is function available for PHP XML Expat Parser
(xml_parse_into_struct)?

Please let me know any pointers regarding above two mentioned queries?
Any provided information will be imporatant and helpful.
So Kindly please acknowledge, thank you.

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam