[Expat-discuss] A small tool 'Xml2Line' using 'libexpat' (Need some comments)

Mohan R mohan43u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:57:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I created a small tool 'Xml2Line'. 'Xml2Line' will take standard input
and give output in such a way that, other unix filters can easily
operate on that xml data. The format of Xml2Line will be like below,

    <tag1 attribute="value">
      <tag2 attribute="value">data</tag2>
    </tag1>

    tag1[attribute=value]|tag2[attribute=value]{data}

Here is the source, http://github.com/mohan43u/Xml2Line

I don't know how much useful this output format is, but like to get
inputs from the experts to find the best format for other unix line
commands(especially 'grep') to operate on XML data.

Waiting for your comments,

Thanks,
Mohan R.